Let the dance of life begin

I am here to sound off on anything I feel I need to voice about as well as to share and to have others share with me. My sister locks are what got this started.... so here is to celebration of my 'nappy tresses, my sister locks' and indeed life with all it offers.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kingston, Jamaica

Sunday, December 30, 2007

Christmas was.....

Dear Diary

For the first time in my life I was working on Christmas and although I knew it was going to be rough it was rough for real. No DH, no momee, no daddy no brothers man oh man !!! but I made it through. In hind sight the experience served the purpose and as soon as I figure it out I will let you all know(: just what that was.

So I had christmas dinner 'hotel style' and so all the traditional trimmings were missing ): but when I got home from work I made the effort to get pretty and went to dinner with my hubby (: it was fun and very pleasant. Then we just sat around and chatted (: and made the best of the moment.

And so with 08 on the horizon I can already feel it is going to be a year of hard work and challenges which will require committment but I pray fo the srength to do what I gotta do (: So I work on the eve but at least I can attempt some R&R on the day (: What do you have planned for NYE ?

one love still
ps I pray for you all a Happy New Year's and enough to keep you humble, blessed, at peace and in love with all life has to offer all the while acknowledging we are indeed on a jouney

be blessed always Still

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

When I was a kid my parents always worked on Christmas Day. As I got older atleast one of my parents would get the day off. I grew up realizing it wasn't what you got for Christmas but who you were with. If it were only my family, I would be fine. Maybe the moral is not to take advantage of the day. You got all dolled up and went out with your hubby and made that time special, which was great!!! Would you have done that if you weren't working?

For NYE I will be cleaning my apt like a mad woman, getting rid of all the items I don't need and attempting to cook collard greens, black eyed peas, fried polenta and Jou Mou(sp).

Enjoy your New Years!!!!

4:50 AM  
Blogger Jena Evans said...

Thanks for the prayer, Still... I pray this year is a wonderful and peace-filled one for you and your family.

Blessings~

7:32 AM  
Blogger V @ Locks-N-Motion said...

Happy News Years to you too may have a blessed and prosperous year!

For New Years since My DH has to work I just plan on realxing with my kids. I might even have a drink with myself who knows.

Take care
V

7:35 AM  
Blogger N'Drea ~ the Storyteller said...

Sorry you had to work on Christmas Day, but I'm glad you were able to have some quality time with your DH.

Wishing you and the rest of the family a fantastic and blessed 2008 (and beyond). Thanks for your good wishes. May they come back to you double!

8:47 AM  
Blogger Amba said...

Happy New Year to you and your hair looks wonderful!! Congrats on your 2 year anniversary. God bless. Amba
Oh I love your photos they are always so clear and beautiful.

1:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home