Let the dance of life begin

I am here to sound off on anything I feel I need to voice about as well as to share and to have others share with me. My sister locks are what got this started.... so here is to celebration of my 'nappy tresses, my sister locks' and indeed life with all it offers.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kingston, Jamaica

Monday, December 03, 2007

Christmas pudding

Its that time of year again and today I went to look for my cheerie gift ( at work a group of us picked names and we will give little tokens until we have a little get together and give the 'big' gift). So your truly was walking down town the 'Republic' with some of my collegues, was fun but I definately don't like crowds (: Found a really cute votive cancle holder and I hope she likes it (:

Here in Jamaica we have lots of Christmas traditions alot of them involve food, I have never done a whole Christmas dinner myself but this year I am planning to try my hand at 'Christmas pudding' and I really want to steam them. I got my prunes, currants and raisins today so I need my wine now to stew them and the other ingredients are the regular cake stuff (: The recipe I am going to use I found in a cook book , I am looking forward to it and who knows maybe I will start a new tradition of my own!!!!

one love still

Christmas dinner usually involves Ham dressed with pineapple slices and cherries, Roast chicken and beef, candid sweet potatoes, potatoe salad, sometimes turkey, mack & cheese, tossed salad and of course sorrel drink (wid lickle rum) and christmas cake (: at my house

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger ja stu sisterlock journey said...

Sounds good,you can freeze mine till I get back gods willing.(smile)

5:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do you mind sharing the pudding recipe? Sounds like you'll be eating good this Christmas!

2:40 PM  
Blogger N'Drea ~ the Storyteller said...

Yummy. Christmas pudding.

All that food brings back memories while I was growing up. Well, no more meat for me, but mi kyaan gi up de sorrel. Without the rum, though, lol. I'll have it any time of the year. Dee-lish.

6:25 AM  
Blogger Goodnapps said...

Yummy, yummy, yummy.

5:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home