Let the dance of life begin

I am here to sound off on anything I feel I need to voice about as well as to share and to have others share with me. My sister locks are what got this started.... so here is to celebration of my 'nappy tresses, my sister locks' and indeed life with all it offers.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kingston, Jamaica

Tuesday, October 23, 2007

I just gotta know


You know it is very interesting the dynamics in my department that is. It seems like there is so much to be done and so little time to do it so I keep getting stressed and feeling like I dont know what I am doing. I really want to get to a point where I can leave work when my shift is over.... you know kinda not cool for me to get in to work at 6 am, supposed to leave at 2 pm and still be there at 4 pm. I mean come on now even though I did quantity food production I worked with recipes where I am now we don't so there is this constant "we need a little more oil", "a little more ketchup", "a little more salt" rass man!!! can I catch a break is like we cooking a bloddy pot and some of my collegues just dont get it. Why don't they? they been there for years so they have an idea but mi jus come. Now my mum and my DH tell me I cannot change the world and I have to take it in stride (these people are set in there ways and I don't want to get like that) but this really is much. Then when I do additional stuff like go and do presentations on my own time its an issue with some of my collegues like you getting paid for the? you lucky? are some of the comments that have been fielded. I mean are we about development the profession getting out there so people can know what we do?? rass man!!! you know I just don't get it and so the learing continues. Here is what I have to get together I continue to work on my time management and the peace in my inner core because the thing is I believe these are my keys to, not just my survival but my triumph in this environment because I believe all the time if God brings me to it he will bring me through it and despite my moaning.... I believe he brought me to it my job that is. Days like today ... a break from the job are good for me helps me to refocus!!

one love still waters

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger N'Drea ~ the Storyteller said...

Try and shut out the negative vibes of those around you, and do yu t'ing. They can't see the reason for your extra effort, but you can, and in the end, you'll make a difference, and would have grown by leaps and bounds.

1:34 PM  
Blogger still waters said...

I am trying really hard to do just that!!!

one love still

9:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with N'drea. When co-workers see you going above and beyond they get intimidated.

2:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home