Let the dance of life begin

I am here to sound off on anything I feel I need to voice about as well as to share and to have others share with me. My sister locks are what got this started.... so here is to celebration of my 'nappy tresses, my sister locks' and indeed life with all it offers.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kingston, Jamaica

Friday, April 28, 2006

This feels good

Well I am gonna share with you something I consider special. Today I was in the gas station and a 'dread' who was in the line behind me said he liked my hair then he asked me if they were sisterlocks (yeah!he new what they were) I said yes and told him they were 5 months old he said he was wondering because he was not sure if they were twisted or locked. Well he said they would lock up and do their thing in their own time!.
I walked away feeling good about me and other persons who have embraced their natural tresses no matter the method of maintenance . There was nothing but love as we chatted I never felt a vibe of traditional locks are better or that sister locks are not real locks jus love of naturalness and self love. It is interesting whenever I see persons wearing locks especially sister locks I feel like we have a connection. It is like I feel I know where they are coming from with the hair issue (I know this is not always the case but it is just how I feel)

One Love

1 Comments:

Blogger brunsli said...

I'm always surprised when people recognize my hair as Sisterlocked too. And, I feel the same way when a "real dread" compliments me. :)

Your hair is looking good!

5:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home