Let the dance of life begin

I am here to sound off on anything I feel I need to voice about as well as to share and to have others share with me. My sister locks are what got this started.... so here is to celebration of my 'nappy tresses, my sister locks' and indeed life with all it offers.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kingston, Jamaica

Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Rest in Peace IPO luv you nuff for i va

IPO in our HEARTS forever


'The lost lock'

Wow so much has happened in the last few days there was the first anniversary of my brother’s death (IPO in our hearts forever), so we did some special things on the weekend. I decided I had had enough of the bleached/ blonde look so I covered my ends mahogany did not give the exact look I was going for but I am happy with the results (: I am looking forward to finishing school and I have so many thoughts and ideas running around in my head about things I want to do to for the next phase of my life. Oh and I lost a lock I was a lot calmer than I thought I would have been what I did realize though is my hair is locked up and this is one of the thinner sections of my hair so it’s all good. Whoo hoo I got the go ahead to stop braiding and banding but I have to monitor so I don’t have a repeat of the last time I tried that stunt. I wanted to do a hot oil treatment but my consultant told me no and said I should use the sister lock moisture treatment if I want something extra (: well I guess the next time I wash my hair that is what I will do. I have an exam in just over a week and this is what stands between me and my degree and then I am going to get some vacation time its been a while since I have felt like I need a vacation but I really need to get/have some vacation time (: Oooooo before I forget I washed my hair right before I went for my retightening and it helped with the tension so I am going to maybe make that my practice to wash before I go for retightenings and a quick question, I should have some control over the tension exerted on my hair yeh dat sounds like a plan. Yes I know I have taken a while to reply to my tag so here are my responses and lemme see I gotta tag some people nuh true, yeh I am gonna tag leighann again ps she still is to reply to my original tagging (:

One love still
ps you know I kept the lock & by the way thats Dad across from Mum in the pic

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger N'Drea ~ the Storyteller said...

Your life really sounds full at the moment. Sorry for the sad memories, but I know you'll treasure the good ones of your brother. Your family looks very close knit. Sorry also to hear about your lost lock, but I'm glad you handled it well.

Congrats on getting the go-ahead to stop banding-and-braiding. How I envy you :D I can't wait until I get that green light too.

Your locks are really growing fast and looking fuller each time I see a pic of them. Although you may not be 100% satisfied with the colour, it has a nice bronze glow to it.

9:28 AM  
Blogger Goodnapps said...

Best wishes on your exam!

4:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home