Let the dance of life begin

I am here to sound off on anything I feel I need to voice about as well as to share and to have others share with me. My sister locks are what got this started.... so here is to celebration of my 'nappy tresses, my sister locks' and indeed life with all it offers.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kingston, Jamaica

Tuesday, June 19, 2007

TAGGED



  • What does your DH think of your locks, and would he ever consider growing locks himself? Why or why not?

My DH has actually said he loves my hair...initially he was not pleased with how they looked. Growth I believe has been played a major role in changing his mind and the fact that others are constantly complementting me on my hair (although he has denied this). He is so conventional I know he would never wear locks, he would faster bald his head (: a goatee is as much as I have been able to get!!!!

  • I know that you wish Jamaica had a Body Shop store because you can't order the products online. What Jamaican products do you think the US and UK need from Jamaica?

This is the reason the post has taken so long and I am still thinking about it(:

  • What do you think of Miss Jamaica being a Rasta?

When I found out that a Rasta had won the competition my first reaction was 'its about time' along with a few other choice colloquial expressions (: The reaction I had was not just because I am a wearer of locks but for too long we (Jamaicans) have used what I call a caucasian bench mark as our standard for beauty, Zarah is a beautiful girl and her chocolate complexion, nappy hair and broad nose just made her victory still the sweeter for me I hope her win is a sign that things here are changing!!!!

  • If you were a fruit, would you rather be a pineapple, mango or banana, and why?

A mango is what I would be; a bombay or julie eating a bombay offers so many different experiences. If it is 'turn' add a little salt and we good to go. When it is ripe it is usually sweet and succulent. Once you prepare to eat a mango (paper towels & clothes you don't mind mango juice on) you can really get down. And if you place a bombay in the refridgerator and allow it to cool ummmmmm good..... I say this to say my personality has so many varied expressions and depending on when you catch me you might get good to go, sweet & succulent or just a big mess that you will enjoy throughly if you are prepared to spend the time and not afraid to get mango juice all over yourself(:

  • Who taught you how to drive and can you drive manual? Have you driven on the right side of the road in the US?

My dad gave me my first lesson and then I had my official lessons with by Mr Stennet RIP (my driving instructor) and my Uncle Tony RIP took me to the driving test . Yes I leant on a stick/standard (as we say here in Ja) and I love to drive a manual all like when you touch di country road!!! yes IYA. Driven in the US never and I am in no rush to tick that off my things to do list (:

  • And a bonus question -- when we met, in what way were RDP and I just like what you expected and in what way different?

I After I got over the oh my they are really here I saw two very down to earth personalities. Brunsli I expected it was going to be like I was catching up with a friend and it felt just that way....hmmm what was different the one thing that comes to mind is your voice not that I had expectations there but you have such a soft voice(: & RDP we got to talking a lot easier than I thought it would have been since Brunsli and I had actually spoken before we met but you definately have a warm spirit....and your locks they were stunning(: So guys any time you in town give me a holla!!!

one love still

ps thanks Brinsli

Labels: , , , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger brunsli said...

Thanks! I enjoyed reading your answers. :) Still waiting to hear on Jamaican exports...

1:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home