Let the dance of life begin

I am here to sound off on anything I feel I need to voice about as well as to share and to have others share with me. My sister locks are what got this started.... so here is to celebration of my 'nappy tresses, my sister locks' and indeed life with all it offers.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kingston, Jamaica

Saturday, April 21, 2007

More stuff to think about

I have not posted in a while but as has been the case in the last couple of weeks been busy. I have had many things to rant on but I dont type when they occur and then I forget): There is one that still is bugging me, I was telling my mentor that I wanted to do my internship abroad she says its competitive and she only knows one other person that has done it overseas, says I will have to do other courses etc what does that mean ...... that I should not bother to apply it urked me. The thing is I do not want to do my internship here because I will be bonded with the government additionally I want to see the field at work in another setting, have another experience, I know it will be difficult and competitive but nothing tried nothing gained not true? My hair needs to be washed I am really hoping when I stop braiding and banding then it will not feel like such a chore and then may be I can just get into the shower and wash when that day comes I am going to do something very special(: My externship is coming to an end (I have had a job offer but I am not sure I will be able to take it up) My final year project is still a work in progress and I have a summer session to do oh boy when do I get holidays again??? did someone say soon(:

one love still

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger brunsli said...

Whenever people tell me that sort of thing, I take it as an invitation to prove them wrong. Keep your head up and make the choices that work best for you. :)

11:14 AM  
Blogger still waters said...

thanks Brunsli!!!! I let you know how the applications go(:

one love still

4:25 PM  
Blogger RedDredPrincess said...

Yes, because few have gone where you want to go has nothing to do with you! I commend your desire to want more for yourself.... The easy road is just....well, it's just easy (and crowded!) Get to it! Nothing ventured, nothing gained!

I would suggest that you look for mentors and/or seek advice from people who are working in the places you are targeting and maybe even talk to the "one" who went before you. It would probably be invaluable to hear about his/her advice and experience.

Perhaps if your counselor is not going to encourage you, she can at least put you in touch with this person....

5:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home