Let the dance of life begin

I am here to sound off on anything I feel I need to voice about as well as to share and to have others share with me. My sister locks are what got this started.... so here is to celebration of my 'nappy tresses, my sister locks' and indeed life with all it offers.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kingston, Jamaica

Tuesday, June 06, 2006

I know sometimes I am a worry wart !!!!

Ok I have alot of time on my hands and I have been thinking..... I went back to school three years ago to study dietetics and nutrition. I have enjoyed the programme so far but I have been thinking what am I going to do when school is over? I know I want to work in my field but as to the specific area I am not sure. To be registered I have to do an internship which I may be able to do here at home or abroad. It will pretty much be competitive where ever I decide to do it but it may require more money. So do I just get a job save and then have a go at it hmmm what to do? I also am tempted to apply do my masters but that will mean more time away from hubby and maybe that is not a good idea right now. I should add that I still have a year of school left so maybe what I should be stressing is keeping my GPA up right???? but thats me worry worry worry. So if any of my fellow bloggers want to offer some advice I would greatly appreciate it. Yeah maybe I should just study hard, concentrate my energies on finishing the programme and then getting a job and use the year to breath, find some more of my passions, maybe travel and yeah how could I forget earn some money!!!!! lol lol lol.

This post took a load off!!!! wow

One Love Still (though I am not feeling very still right now)

4 Comments:

Blogger brunsli said...

Still Waters,

I’m flattered that you reached out to ask for me to comment on your blog. I don’t know that I have any sage advice, but I will try, since I have been there on a few occasions…

Making school decisions, marriage decisions, and what do you do with the rest of my life decisions is not easy -- I wrestle with them all the time. Is school worth being apart from your dh? Is an internship worth the loss in salary of doing something else more profitable? These aren’t easy questions, so it’s only normal to struggle with them.

First and foremost, finish the program you’re in. The frustration is probably coming from anxiety about the uncertainty after that, but you have a year to figure that out. If the internship is necessary to get a certification, it may be worth it too.

On the other hand, there’s nothing wrong with taking some time off to work (of course “off” is a misnomer), being reunited with your dh, and making some money to stop feeling like a student for a while. To make it easier to go back, I’d recommend getting letters of recommendation, applications, etc. all set up before you finish this program so that it will be easy to jump back in if you choose to go for the master’s in a year or two. (Schools don’t like to, but they let you defer admission.)

Or, once you’re out of school, the direction that you could be interested in could change, you could have a clearer vision of why you need that next degree, you and your dh might find a degree program in a place where you can both live together, that next degree might not seem to be worth the sacrifice of living apart from your dh, etc., etc. I think people call this “perspective” but I tend to think of it as an obstacle to planning the rest of my life down to the minute!

Hang in there, focus on your current gig, and rest assured that even though there are many possible outcomes, they will most likely all lead to (unpredictable but) good things!

XOXO,
Brunsli

3:58 PM  
Blogger Ree-C said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

10:37 AM  
Blogger Ree-C said...

I'm glad I stopped by. I don't have any advice because I am in a similar situation with figuring out what I want to do. I am also a student that is trying to figure out if I want to change my major. Just know that you are not alone. And Brunsli if you are reading, your advice was helpful to me as well.

10:37 AM  
Blogger brunsli said...

Ree-C, Glad I could help a little bit.

8:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home