Let the dance of life begin

I am here to sound off on anything I feel I need to voice about as well as to share and to have others share with me. My sister locks are what got this started.... so here is to celebration of my 'nappy tresses, my sister locks' and indeed life with all it offers.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kingston, Jamaica

Tuesday, June 03, 2008

The smell of rain

There is something about the rain coming
the sound of the water rushing toward the earth
as she cries out to have the roots the have been embedded within her quenched

And as the rain makes her way gently guided by the crackes that have been created in the soil, the earth says Amen by allowing to escape the sweet fragrance of soil that only the rain could have quenched

It is a simple occurence in natue but one that if you allow yourself to pay homage....will find that you too might have escape from you as from the earth Amen and the sweet fragrance of having your parched cracks quenched.

Thank you mother earth for reminding me that we are but a passage of time on the eternal life piece.....

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger N'Drea ~ the Storyteller said...

i love the scent of rain-soaked earth. beautiful post. quite poetic too.

1:23 PM  
Blogger Naturally Sophia said...

Nice- my mom always tells me I like scents that smell like rain. But in Atlanta you can't smell it (maybe too much pollution). You island women have some many advantages living there.

1:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home