Let the dance of life begin

I am here to sound off on anything I feel I need to voice about as well as to share and to have others share with me. My sister locks are what got this started.... so here is to celebration of my 'nappy tresses, my sister locks' and indeed life with all it offers.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kingston, Jamaica

Monday, June 02, 2008

Just some thoughts


Every now and again I hear or see a thought or thoughts that cause me to think for a moment or for a while and may even become etched in my memory... one such thought is "we do not control the hand we are dealt" and this has had me thinking. I often wonder why the persons who die when they do are allowed to? and although I have some conclusions they continue to be reworked as I get older and wiser (I like to think). There is one thought that a friend (from prep school) posted today that puts it into perspective in this moment for me "even the fear of death is nothing compared to the thought of not having lived authentically" and that is what we are called to do all the while remembering to do to others as you would have them do to you. Simply put we are called to live everyday to the best of our ability and that will mean different things to different people, but I exhort you to do the just that. We are not meant to live each others lives (I don't think) but we can support and lend help in whatever way or whereever we can.

So once again I exhort you do the best you can with what you have been given for we do not control the hand we are dealt and just live, live, live your life!!!!!

one love still

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger N'Drea ~ the Storyteller said...

i love this post. so inspiring. thanks for that quote. it echoes my sentiments to the T. i'm more afraid of not having lived my life enthusiastically, fully, courageously and with conviction, when i come to the end of it.

1:21 PM  
Blogger Goodnapps said...

This is indeed a wonderful post. Experiencing the death of a loved one (one who passed very young) puts this post very close to my heart.

3:50 PM  
Blogger Kandgoods said...

THANKYOU FOR THAT, THERE COULDN'T HAVE BEEN A MORE FITTING TIME IN MY LIFE FOR ME TO READ THAT...SO THANKYOU.

5:23 AM  
Blogger Sogolocs said...

So well put, I have always said, "Do what you can with what you have." God will provide the rest, even if we are shorthanded.

Such a wonderful thought...

Blessings

9:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home