Let the dance of life begin

I am here to sound off on anything I feel I need to voice about as well as to share and to have others share with me. My sister locks are what got this started.... so here is to celebration of my 'nappy tresses, my sister locks' and indeed life with all it offers.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kingston, Jamaica

Friday, October 03, 2008

life in another neck of the planet

Yeh I know where have I been ?... living and learning and we all are doing that right (: I always new that really the best but not the only way IMO to learn something is though an experience/s. Experience can also expose what you are made of test your fibre/er (which ever you prefer). So for for the last few weeks I have been emersed in a new culture and I have learnt much about the 'way of life' but I have also learnt about myself. I really do not want to get into too much detail here but I know my readers get the gist. I have had to aquire some personal space and have been trying not to trespass on anybody's.

So I was due a retightening when I got to my new home and was not worried about finding someone I mean how hard could it be ?...well it was tricky I had to rely on my Cali-connections to give me the hookup. The hair was retightened and soon I will be due to go get another done (more on that in another post). It suddenly dawned on me a few days ago that in a few weeks hmmm lemme see approximately 6 weeks I have had my locks for 3 years WOW this lock-a-versary creeped up on me I guess because so much is going on. Oh I had to order shampoo when I got here and so in the mean while I used suave daily clarifying shampoo. I loved they way it made my hair feel but Brunsli advised me that it could strip my hair so that has been the one and only use. I will keep it for emergencies.

So the course is going through in new people, new home, new methods it is going. I am experiencing bouts of insomnia but I was told that execise is good so I am going to take a page from n'drea and start some yoga, I need to get it in check, I have tried tea, honey, reading so yeh I am open to any other suggestions.

This week after reading Brunsli's post I decided to wear a different hairtie everyday this week and well mission accomplished (: so I am going to keep going till I have worn them all.

Oh before I forget I have a revamped fettish does anyone want to guess what it is?????

So I am here I have not dropped off the planet..I think a ss set is in order (:

one love still

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger N'Drea ~ the Storyteller said...

3 years already? Wow! Congrats, sis!

I think yoga will help. Although I'm usually energised after a class, when I hit the sack, I sleep like a baby, and wake up in the mornings feeling rested. Try it and see if it works.

Hmmmmm...whatever could that fetish be? Girl, you have me in suspense! :)

6:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What's the fetish..hhhmmm?

You could also try meditation for the insomnia..then again that will go hand in hand with your Yoga.

2:05 PM  
Blogger ja stu sisterlock journey said...

HELLO,

Hope you r good u know where I am rite? will link u soon. Take care

1:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home